You’re out on the field, running fast past your opponent and you hear that snapping noise that is every sports person’s nightmare. You’ve torn your Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) which lies deep within the knee joint. This is usually followed by pain, swelling, and difficulty weight-bearing, and you know there’s quite the journey ahead for recovery. Once you’ve been checked by a medical professional, the likelihood of wearing a custom knee brace is strong. What’s confusing though is which is the right knee brace for ACL to wear, so we’ve explored the options below.
The FullStop Knee Brace offers you ultimate protection, especially when recovering from an ACL injury. It can be used for the prevention of further damage too.
- Hinge technology and four-point leverage system.
- Adjustable straps for a perfect fit.
- Compression and thermal heat regulation.
- Anti-migration technology to prevent movement of the sleeve.
- Reflectivity for improved visibility in low-light.
The TROM Advance Knee Brace is designed for use after surgery, particularly for an ACL. It’s comfortable, adjustable and is top of the range when it comes to a custom knee brace. This brace must be fitted by a professional.
- Lightweight design.
- Range of motion control and quick lock from – 10° to 90°.
- Sliding mechanism that allows independent strap movement to accommodate cold therapy wraps and dressing.
- Telescoping adjustability adapts to a range of patients.
- Quick-release bucks.
The OA Adjuster has been clinically proven to be one of the most effective off the shelf knee braces. Its floating hinges allow a range of activity levels and is proven to stabilise ligaments.
- 4 point leverage system.
- Floating hinges with double upright design.
- Lightweight with the strength of aircraft-grade aluminium.
- Contoured fit.
- Offloads a little or a lot.
This is the perfect knee brace for ACL recovery. It’s innovative and easy to use. This knee brace can be adjusted by the touch of a button which makes it a no-fuss option.
- Telescoping bar.
- Quick-lock mechanism from 0° to 90°.
- Custom-fit to the patient.
- Buckles for easy and fast strapping.
- Easy to use hinge.
This custom knee brace is most suitable for mild ACL knee support so you can still participate in daily activities. It offers ultimate comfort and cooling for day-to-day wearing.
- Advanced spacer fabric to create a “cooling” environment.
- Moulded straps for quick and easy adjustments.
- Fits snuggly and requires little adjustment.
- Comes in a range of sizes.
- Designed to treat and protect the ACL.
After sustaining an injury such as damage to your ACL, your medical professional will recommend the right type of knee brace for your level of injury. For custom fitting and further advice on the right knee brace for you, contact us at Sports Braces.